Basics of Modern Public Relations
What is the value of public relations for organizations of all kinds? Are public relations related to persuasion and propaganda? Is there a consensus on what public relations is? These topics and discussions will guide you through the basics of Modern Public Relations, which provides insights into theoretical approaches and various ideas on how to conduct public relations.
What will you learn
- You will analyze the contribution of public relations to specific dilemmas about “fake news”, lobbying and social media abuse;
- You will analyze the codes of professional bodies and their relevance to ethical dilemmas in public relations;
- You will know the components of propaganda and persuasive communication and their application to a communication campaign;
- You will analyze the application of public relations in the public, corporate and non-governmental sectors;
- You will analyze and apply the intercultural and multicultural context of public relations.
How will you learn
Study subject-by-subject, through individual learning and teamwork in real-life situations, under the mentorship of renowned professors from Macedonia and abroad. If your commitments do not allow you to attend regular classes, learn in the ICS’s virtual classroom at any time and from anywhere.
Tench R., Yeomans L. (2013). Exploing Public Relations (3rd ed.). Pearson Education, Tench, Ralph, Yeomans, Liz_Pearson Education Limited
Theaker А. (2011). The Public Relations Handbook. Routledge.
Robert Heath L. Р., (2004). Encyclopedia of Public Relations. Sage Publications, Inc.