A call for the second generation of the Media and Journalism Master Classes
Embrace the digital information era with media and journalism skills. Learn through hands-on approaches from our trainers who are professional journalists, well familiar with the trends. We are enrolling new participants of the second generation of the Media and Journalism Master Classes, organized by the Institute of Communication Studies and IREX, within the framework of the USAID Media Literacy Project “YouThink”.
The master classes are a combination of lectures, discussions, exercises and practical work. They will be held during March and April, lasting three days, through presentations and discussions with experienced journalist-trainers, after which the participants, working in teams with mentor support, will create media products.
The master classes are intended for young people aged 19 to 34, including students, young journalists and those who want to upgrade their digital media skills.
During the master classes, you will learn how:
- to recognize the challenges of web-based journalism in the digital era;
- to use tools for checking information from social media;
- to visualize with (interactive) infographics, charts, maps and audio-slides;
- to blog and engage the audience on the web;
- to create your own blog and write in a web-friendly way;
- to produce videos and podcasts with a mobile phone;
- to use free editing apps.
The program is free of charge, and for participants outside of Skopje, the organizer will cover the costs of accommodation and transportation. After completing the master classes, participants receive a certificate.
Apply latest by March 12 (Sunday) 2023, on THIS LINK .
Contact person: Dejan Andonov , Programme Coordinator, Institute of Communication Studies – ; 071 317 661