Embrace the digital information era with media and journalism skills. Learn through hands-on approaches from our trainers who are professional journalists, well familiar with the trends. We are enrolling new participants in the second generation of the Media and Journalism Master Classes, organized by the Institute of Communication Studies and IREX, within the framework of the USAID Media Literacy Project “YouThink”. Registration lasts until March 12 (Sunday) at the latest.
How are the classes set up?
The master classes are a combination of lectures, discussions, exercises and practical work. They will be held during March and April, lasting three days, through presentations and discussions with experienced journalist-trainers, after which the participants, working in teams with mentor support, will create media products.
The master classes are intended for young people aged 19 to 34, including students, young journalists and those who want to upgrade their digital media skills.
The program is free of charge, and for participants outside of Skopje, the organizer will cover the costs of accommodation and transportation. After completing the master classes, participants receive a certificate.
What will you learn?
- How to grab the audience’s attention;
- How to write web articles with SEO;
- How to visualize data with free tools;
- How to check the reliability of visual information;
- How to apply the basic techniques for recording video and taking photos;
- How to narrate a video and prepare a podcast;
- How to use free editing apps.
Creating content for the web
- Why and how do we consume online content?
- Basic principles of writing for the web
- Rules and tips for structuring an online story
- Writing with search engine optimization
- WordPress – the first personal digital news media outlet
Verification and visualization of online data
- Data visualization
- Checking for manipulated visual content published on the web and social media, checking data through maps and preparing journalistic stories with data visualization
Creating video content for social media, by using a mobile phone
- Basic techniques for video recording and taking photos with a mobile phone
- Free apps for recording and editing videos
- Storytelling through video
- Storytelling through people and interview
- Preparation of a podcast
Creation of a multimedia product