Master Classes on Media and Journalism in the Digital Age
Learn how to create engaging web and social media content, visualize data with infographics, record videos with a mobile phone, but also how to recognize visual manipulations created with artificial intelligence. Level up your skills for the digital information age through the Media and Journalism Master Classes, organized by the Institute of Communication Studies and IREX, within USAID’s Media Literacy Project “YouThink”.
The master classes are intended for young people aged 19 to 34, including students, young journalists and those who want to upgrade their digital media skills. They represent a combination of lectures, discussions, exercises and practical work. They will be carried out during February and March, lasting for three days, after which the participants, working in teams, should create media products, with mentorship support from experienced journalists. For the participants who show particular interest and proactivity, after the training, a paid one-month internship in a media outlet will be offered.
Apply no later than February 4 (Sunday) 2024, on THIS LINK.
This is what you will learn in the Master Classes:
- How to grab the audience’s attention;
- To write for the web with SEO optimization;
- To promote web content on social media;
- To visualize data with free tools;
- To check the credibility of visual information and recognize manipulations with artificial intelligence;
- To apply the basic techniques of video recording and photography;
- To narrate through video and prepare video content for social media;
- To use free apps for editing via mobile phone.
The program is free of charge, and for participants outside of Skopje, the organizer will cover the costs of accommodation and transportation. After completing the Master Classes, participants will receive a certificate.
Contact person: Dejan Andonov, MA, Program Coordinator, Institute of Communication Studies – ; 071 317 661