The Institute of Communication Studies (ICS) is founded by the School of Journalism and Public Relations (SJPR) in 2013. The Institute is a leading research organization in the field of journalism and media studies; public relations; political and corporate communications. ICS has a twofold focus: First, to advance social sciences and to support journalism and media professionals through its academic and applied research programs; and second, to develop a network of young researchers who would work on straightening the pillars of these academic disciplines in the future. The Institute has the following main objectives:
- ICS develops academic and applied research to enhance knowledge in the sphere of communications, media and public relations;
- The Institute builds a base of research to be applied in the process of communications, media and public relations education;
- ICS promotes innovative research ideas to respond to the needs of the industry;
- The Institute encourages young professionals and students to get involved research in the field;
- The Institute invests its resources in strengthening professional standards in the field of journalism, public relations and corporate communications;
- By publishing the results from research on current topics and issues, the Institute contributes to the public debate and development of policies in the fields of its work activities;
Person providing public information: Bojan Georgievski, secretary general; 02 / 30 90 004, firstname.lastname@example.org.